As per the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, online applications are invited for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) â€“ 2017 (NEET-UG-2017) to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2017. The seats are classified in the following categories:
(i)Â Â All India Quota Seats
(ii) Â State Government Quota Seats
(iii) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University
(iv) Central Pool Quota Seats
REQUIREMNENT OF AADHAAR NUMBER
- For Indian citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a requirement to fill up the online application of NEET-2017 in all States except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya.
- For NRIs, Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2017.
- For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCIâ€™s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOâ€™s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2017.
- At the time of filling application form of NEETâ€“ 2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAIâ€™s database. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET- 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
- Regarding requirement of AADHAAR a separate PUBLIC NOTICE is being published and also hosted on website. Candidates may follow the instructions given therein.
PATTERN OF TEST
The NEET (UG) shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology).Â Â The duration of paper would be 03 hours from 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
(i)Â Â Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIâ€™s), Overseas Citizen ofÂ IndiaÂ (OCIâ€™s),Â PersonsÂ ofÂ IndianÂ OriginÂ (PIOâ€™s)Â &Â Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2017.
(ii)Â The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31stÂ December, 2017Â i.e.Â Â theÂ yearÂ ofÂ his/herÂ admissionÂ toÂ theÂ 1stÂ Â Â year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
(iii) TheÂ Â upperÂ Â ageÂ Â limitÂ Â forÂ Â candidatesÂ Â seekingÂ Â admissionÂ Â in MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination withÂ Â aÂ Â relaxationÂ Â ofÂ Â 5Â Â yearsÂ Â forÂ Â candidatesÂ Â belongingÂ Â to SC/ST/OBC category.
For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â :Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â born on or between 08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC CategoryÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â :Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â born on or between 08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001
(iv) TheÂ Â numberÂ Â ofÂ Â attemptsÂ Â whichÂ Â aÂ Â candidateÂ Â canÂ Â availÂ Â at NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) shall be limited to 3 (Three) uniformly for all the candidates.
(v) The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.Â Â In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together inÂ qualifying examination be 40%Â instead of 50% for General candidates.Â Further, for persons for locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2017 can also appear forÂ the Â entranceÂ testÂ provisionallyÂ subjectÂ toÂ theirÂ fulfillingÂ the conditions later.
HOW TO APPLY
>Â Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE.
>Â Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Boardâ€™s websiteÂ www.cbseneet.nic.inÂ Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website.
>Â Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
a. Through any Debit/Credit Card
b. Net Banking/UPIor
c. e-wallets of different service provider
Date of TestÂ Â :Â Â 7th May, 2017 (Sunday)
SCHEDULE AND FEE DETAILS
Schedule for on-line submission of application forms : 31.01.2017 (Tuesday)Â Â Â Â Â Â to 01.03.2017 (Wednesday) (Till 00.00 midnight)
Last date for successful final transaction of fee : 01.03.2017 (Wednesday) (Till 00.00 midnight)
FOR GENERAL/OBCÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â :Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Rs.1400/- (INR)
FOR SC/ST/PHÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â :Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Rs.750/- (INR)
RESERVATIONÂ Â Â OFÂ Â Â SEATSÂ Â Â &Â Â Â ADMISSIONÂ Â Â INÂ Â Â MEDICAL/DENTAL COLLEGES
1.Â An All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies.
2.Â All admission to MBBS/BDS courses within in the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test.
3.Â All other existing eligibility criteria for admission to Medical/Dental Colleges shall be applicable as per Rules and Policies of the State / UT / Institution / University concerned.
1. CBSE will provide All India Rank.Â Result will be given to DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India to provide the same to admitting authorities.
2. Admitting authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the admitting authorities subject to their applicable rules.
COMMON SERVICES CENTRES/FACILITATION CENTRES
Candidates, if need be, may take the assistance of Common Services Centres for filling up the application form. The details of the common services centres are given on the website www.cbseneet.nic.in
TheÂ InformationÂ BulletinÂ containingÂ detailedÂ informationÂ ofÂ test,Â syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear/admission, reservation, examination fee, cities of examinations, State Code of eligibility, Age, etc.Â Â is available on website www.cbseneet.nic.in.Â Â Candidates may, therefore, check all the details in the online Information Bulletin before submission of application form.
ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
The Deputy Secretary (Examination), National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit, Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar,Â Delhi-110 092
WebsiteÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â - www.cbseneet.nic.in
Email â€“ firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No. â€“ 011-22041807, 011 - 22041808,Fax No.-011-22509251
Toll Free No. - 1800118002,
Mobile No. - 9599590192,9599590193